BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)
More information about Trinity’s BYOD policy can be found by clicking here.
What to Buy?
Parents have asked us which devices best fit Trinity’s unique BYOD technology initiative. Below are some specific device recommendations and practical advice.
Students need devices that are Wi-Fi-capable, with battery life of at least six hours, and Bluetooth connectivity. A keyboard is strongly recommended. Pen/stylus/digitizer input is also recommended for note-taking purposes. iPads, small tablets, and smartphones of any type are acceptable but not recommended due to the limitations in their productivity. Additionally, we advise that you avoid “knockoffs” and too-good-to-be-true deals on tablets.
For those looking to purchase an electronic device, below are more specific recommendations:
- Major-brand Android-based tablets (e.g., Google Nexus series, Samsung Galaxy series)
- Windows 10-based tablets (e.g., Microsoft Surface 3 or 4, Surface Pro 3 or 4, Lenovo Yoga/IdeaPad/ThinkPad, and other similar devices)
- Windows-based netbooks and laptops running the Windows 10 operating system with a built-in webcam
- MacBook, MacBook Pro or MacBook Air running OS X “Yosemite” or later operating system with a built-in webcam
- Chromebooks are very popular as reliable, less expensive alternatives. Although they can be useful day-to-day at school as well, students may run into occasional productivity and compatibility issues, especially when offline.
Remember, technology changes rapidly, so if you need to purchase a device, you may wish to wait to make your purchase until the time your son actually needs the device. You want to get the best value for your money, and have your son’s device last as long as possible.
For more information, contact:
A quick glance at the many flatscreen announcement monitors around Trinity would would tell any visitor that this school has something for every student. In addition to providing a superior high school education steeped in a reverence for spirituality and service,...
The Class of 2021 - incoming freshmen for the 2017-18 school year - took part in the annual House Sorting Day on Sunday, April 23. We look forward to welcoming these newest Rocks next August! Check out these ECHO images from staff photographer Anthony...
Join the Trinity Family on Saturday, April...