Steps to Enrollment
The Placement Test is the first formal step in the admissions process. It’s a nationally standardized test that is given to all the Catholic high schools in Louisville and it is required for admission to Trinity High School.
Only eighth-graders are permitted to take the test, and you are encouraged to give your very best effort.
At Trinity, this is not an “entrance exam.” Test results do not dictate who gets in and who doesn’t. The score has proven to be a reliable predictor for academic aptitude and helps us make studies recommendations. It is not the kind of test that requires “studying” or specific preparation.
- The test is given in Trinity’s Alumni Hall at 9 a.m.
- Students are asked to arrive early in order to relax and settle in
- There is a $10 fee and students are asked to bring two #2 pencils
- No reservation is required
- The test normally lasts until 12:30 p.m.
- We will hold a meeting for all PARENTS of the Class of 2022 on the morning of the Placement Test at 9 a.m. in Convocation Hall. All are invited.
Trinity offers an “extended time“ version of the test. In order to sign up, parents must call Jennifer Browning H’06, Dean of Studies for the Academic and Traditional Programs, in advance at 502.736.8276. Documentation of the need for extra time must be provided. The 2017 Placement Test will be given on Saturday, December 9. For those unable to make the original test, a make-up test is offered in January. The format is identical to the December test.