The First Year of Studies
Welcome to the Rock! Transition can be hard. But it doesn’t have to be.
Meeting new teachers. Learning new environments. Making new friends. Joining new groups. Choosing new classes. Transitioning to a new school can be an overwhelming and often confusing experience – parents included! That’s why Trinity is here to help!
One-on-one placement conferences
A Trinity representative is ready to help you take the first step with personalized care and attention.
- Explaining Placement Test scores
- Information about Trinity
- Parent Q & A
- Making a joint decision about courses
We ensure your son is placed in an educational environment that is right for him. Our system is designed to be flexible – helping your son succeed and prosper.
- Four college preparatory academic programs
- No “tracks”
- No “one-size-fits-all”
Help your son get a leg up on the academic year with our specialized programs. We can help prepare students with personalized attention to their needs with offerings in:
- Study Skills
- Foreign Language
- Quick Recall
- TV & Video Production
- Many more!
8TH Grade participation invitations
Prospective students are invited to experience Trinity life through a variety of exciting activities.
- Attend art shows, concerts, musicals
- Shadow days
- Personal tours
- Special nights just for incoming freshmen
Trinity has developed a unique House System that allows students to experience campus life in a smaller, more intimate environment.
- Adult and upperclassmen mentors
- Meet new friends
- Dozens of opportunities to get involved right away
- Makes a large school…smaller
A Trinity favorite! This event is designed to help new students get to know their fellow classmates – and begin to form the brotherhood that makes Trinity an experience that lasts a lifetime.
- Student leaders
- Make friends right away
Frequent Grade Reporting
Trinity keeps you linked and informed about your son’s progress and performance through our communication network for parents.
- Grades and upcoming assignments online, updated in real time
- Email access to teachers
- Direct-dial phone numbers for all teachers, with voice mail
- Classes have online presence on “Rock Space” our online curriculum
School counselors have developed a program specifically designed to help freshmen get off on the right foot. Freshmen can attend an after-school study program in the R. Haskell Marshall Success Center to hone their skills.
- 50 computer workstations
- Specialized software
- Remedial help available
- Counselor involvement
Every freshman student at Trinity receives individual care and assistance from school professionals. We also offer freshman-specific activities to encourage participation in a less-competitive environment.
- Four freshman-level counselors
- Freshman-level sports teams
- Freshman-level intramural teams
- Freshman-level retreat
- Two Academic Deans
Direct communication with parents is vital to our mission at Trinity. We believe that parents should be intimately involved in all aspects of their son’s education.
- Parent meeting during the Placement Test to answer questions and give reminders
- Monthly updates after the Placement Test
- Bi-monthly Parent Newsletters
- Freshman parent night
- Mock schedule night
- Real-time updates via DEAN alert and “parents need to know” on trinityrocks.com
Join the Trinity family! We feature a wide variety of activities, committees and organizations for parents to begin immediately or down the road.
- Shamrock Moms
- Parent Forum
- Team and Club Support Groups
- Moms’ Prayer Group
- Student Lifestyles Committee
Investing in your son’s future requires a substantial commitment of time and money. At Trinity, we provide tuition assistance programs that make this commitment more convenient and flexible.
- Need-based tuition aid
- Multiple payment plans
- Work Study
- Merit scholarships
Summer Sports Camps
For the student- athlete, we offer summer camps to begin training and conditioning for a fun and successful season in such sports as:
- Cross Country
For a smooth and seamless transition into Trinity life, we hold a freshman-only orientation. Students have an opportunity to get accustomed to the campus and meet new faces – before the school year begins!
- Exclusively for freshmen
- Locker assignments
- Meet the teachers
- Learn the way around campus
Freshman academic convocation
All freshmen and their parents are cordially invited to attend this one-of-a-kind ceremony inducting them into the academic life of the school.
- Held in Steinhauser Gymnasium
- All freshmen and their parents attend
- Students commit to the importance of academics in their lives
- Students and parents sign a special book putting a seal on the family/school partnership
Shadowing opportunities and private tours available upon request! To shadow or tour, call 893-ROCK. Contact James Torra H ’12 at (502) 736-2120 or email@example.com for more information.
Shadowing opportunities and private tours available upon request! To shadow or tour, call 893-ROCK.
For more information, contact:
Phone: (502) 736-2165
1. On Saturday, Dec. 16, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at St. John Vianney Church... Students and adult volunteers will be helping to sort, wrap and fill toy orders for clients. See or email Mr. Luken (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information. 2. Also on Saturday, from...read more
The Freshman-Sophomore Winter Dance will take place on Saturday, Jan. 20 in Shamrock Hall from 9 p.m. to midnight. Tickets are $20 per couple and will go on sale when we return from Christmas Break.read more
Are you a Trinity student who might be interested in the possibility of playing sports in college? Are you a Trinity parent who is interested in the requirements for your son to be eligible for sports in college? If the answer is yes, we have an opportunity scheduled...read more