What Makes Us GreaT!
Five big reasons why Trinity is great. And why you will be, too.
A lifetime of greatness starts with a Trinity education. At Trinity, greatness is part of the culture. But it’s not something that’s created overnight. The unique experience that every student has at Trinity helps shape him, and make him great, over the course of his entire education.
Here are five unique ways Trinity helps students along that journey.
The House System
At Trinity, every student is randomly assigned to one of our 10 Houses, placing students into smaller communities to increase opportunities for student leadership and adult mentoring. The House System becomes part of every student’s education
The Trinity House System:
• Has been studied and imitated by high schools across the country
• Provides each student with a sense of belonging
• Provides access to friends and mentors
• Gives each student a strong social foundation
• Helps ensure 100% participation in extracurricular activities, friendly competitions and student government
• Encourages charitable works and service opportunities
The Daily Schedule
In 2012, Trinity completed a four-year study on the effects of classroom scheduling on academic performance. This led to the adoption of an innovative and highly effective system of class scheduling that mirrors what students will see in college
- Rather than attending the same classes in the same order for 45 minutes each day, Trinity spreads classes over the entire week
- Students have fewer classes per day but spend more time in each class
Each day contains four blocks of daily instruction, with an Advising Period three days a week, providing:
- More interaction with teachers
- More discussion time
- More time to absorb and process studies before moving on to the next class
Our daily schedule:
- Prepares students for the college learning process
- Gives students more time to interact with classroom technology
- Gives students more time to take the elective classes they desire
- Provides more time for classes that can make them more successful in college, their career and in life
- Offers more Advanced Placement classes
- Adds more ACT preparation classes
- Makes Freshman Success and Senior Capstone classes available to ease the transition into high school and college
Block scheduling is a demanding way to learn, made even more so by Trinity’s requirement of 30 credits to graduate, which is more than any other high school in Kentucky. The results speak for themselves.
The First Year of Studies
Trinity lays a foundation for a lifetime of greatness. But the foundation for years of greatness at Trinity is forged during each student’s first year. Our systematic approach to the first year of studies ensures that freshman year is as productive, informative and meaningful as possible.
The 18-month transition process begins when each young man takes the Trinity Placement Test and continues through the end of the freshman year. As part of the experience, every student will have access to:
- Summer enrichment programs
- Individualized attention
- Academic guidance from faculty and current students
- Teacher mentors
- One-on-one course placement sessions
- Orientation meetings
- Freshman Rockin’, an important day of team-building exercises
- Connecting to Trinity via social media and email
- Our unique Freshman Academic Convocation event
Before the first day of classes begins, every student feels like part of the family. He has the confidence and support to reach his fullest potential
Trinity is big on technology. You’ll see it across our campus and in the way our students learn. Being familiar with advanced technology not only helps the learning process, it prepares students to succeed in a more connected and tech-savvy world once they start their careers.
Trinity’s belief in technology resources and programs is seen in:
- “BYOD,” which allows students to Bring Your Own Device and learn in the method they prefer, using the mobile device that makes them more receptive to learning
- A campus-wide network that encourages teacher-student communication and provides access to learning tools
- Rockspace, Trinity’s online classroom environment
- Cloud storage to let students share files, projects and resources
- Extensive multimedia technology and current-generation computers in every classroom
- Free high-speed wireless access for every student, whether he’s on campus or at home
- Office 365 apps, providing students with free access to online versions of the most recent Microsoft Office applications
- TTV, the region’s most professionally student-run television production facility
At Trinity, greatness is part of our campus, our classes and every student’s experience. But it’s a journey, not a destination. Greatness is a goal we never stop pursuing. And the results we produce continue to be a great source of pride for our current students and alumni.
- The most diverse student body of any high school in the area, with the broadest range of strengths and weaknesses
- Nearly every member of the Class of 2016 is attending college
- The Class of 2016 earned more than $23 million in scholarship offers, with acceptance at more than 140 colleges and universities across the nation
- The Class of 2016’s composite ACT score continues a record high trajectory of ever-increasing results
- The more than 20,000 hours of community service that the Class of 2016 performed during their time at Trinity
- The more than 1,350 hours of college credit earned by current Trinity students last year, helping prepare them to continue their education
Men of Faith. Men of Character.
A Trinity education prepares young men to be great, while nurturing the individual greatness found within each of them.
As a student in the House System, a young man will experience a sense of belonging, acceptance and brotherhood that will shape his character and help form him into a man of greatness. He will also receive a world-class education designed to bring out his strengths and intellect. But there is another aspect of a Trinity education that is just as important. Because greatness is about more than academic prowess.
As a Catholic high school, Trinity also takes great pride in helping each student develop a deep sense of faith and living to a higher standard. As a constant part of the campus experience, the Catholic culture found at Trinity forms a foundation for the development of responsible, compassionate and benevolent men with strong moral values.
A quick glance at the many flatscreen announcement monitors around Trinity would would tell any visitor that this school has something for every student. In addition to providing a superior high school education steeped in a reverence for spirituality and service,...read more
The Class of 2021 - incoming freshmen for the 2017-18 school year - took part in the annual House Sorting Day on Sunday, April 23. We look forward to welcoming these newest Rocks next August! Check out these ECHO images from staff photographer Anthony...read more
Join the Trinity Family on Saturday, April...read more