Looking for a free stocking stuffer to give mom, dad, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, grandma, grandpappy, third cousin twice-removed, or mailman? Come to the library’s FREE BOOK GIVE-AWAY before winter break and pick up any one of dozens of ABSOLUTELY FREE, NO STRINGS ATTACHED, TOTALLY FREE, FREE, FREE books. These former library books need happy homes, so come down to the library today, and give one of these books a Christmas to remember.
Team Mass Schedule:
- Basketball Team – today
- Powerlifting Team – Thursday, December 14
- Lacrosse Team – Friday, December 15
- Rugby Team – Monday, December 18
- Hockey Team – Tuesday, December 19
Fall Semester Exam Schedule
|Green 1st period||Wednesday, Dec. 13||9-10:15 a.m.|
|Green 2nd period||Wednesday, Dec. 13||10:25-11:40 a.m.|
|White 1st period||Thursday, Dec. 14||9-10:15 a.m.|
|White 2nd period||Thursday, Dec. 14||10:25-11:40 a.m.|
|Study Day||Friday, Dec. 15||9:00 – noon|
|Green 3rd period||Monday, Dec. 18||9-10:15 a.m.|
|Green 4th period||Monday, Dec. 18||10:25-11:40 a.m.|
|White 3rd period||Tuesday, Dec. 19||9-10:15 a.m.|
|White 4th period||Tuesday, Dec. 19||10:25-11:40 a.m.|
- On Friday, Dec. 15, teachers will be available on their classrooms for make-up work/test and to assist students in preparing for exams. Students who were absent on December 13 or 14 may plan to make-up exams with their teachers on this day. The Library and Computer Labs will be available to students. This is an optional day for students, but all students must leave campus by noon on Friday.
- Students sitting for an exam must remain in their classroom for the entire 75-minute exam period.
- Students not having a first exam for the day may report to the cafeteria. Students may not be in the hallways during exams.
- When a student is dismissed from his last exam for the day, he must either report to Alumni Hall or leave campus. Students may not remain in the hallways.
- Breakfast only will be available in the cafeteria. Cafeteria hours during exams are 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Please plan accordingly.
- Seniors are eligible for exam exemption if they maintain a 90 percent or better for quarters 1 and 2.
UPS seasonal positions available to 17-years-old and up for winter break. The pay is $10.20 per hour plus an additional $200 per week attendance bonus. Contact Shelly Martin at email@example.com or 502-359-1804 for additional information.
There are 2 upcoming service opportunities associated with the Giving Tree. Friday, December 15, for sorting, wrapping, and delivering the gifts and Sunday, December 17, for a Christmas Party at Community Catholic. For more information and a permission form, please see Mr. Luken in T215.
Mr. Greenwell’s Writing Workshop. Help with writing and revision work. Monday-Thursday 3-3:30 p.m. in S355
The annual House Christmas party will take place tomorrow from 12 to 2 in F131, the science lab between Mr. Blakeslee’s and Ms. Reader’s rooms. This party is open to all House Directors, Mentors, Advisors, Captains and Reps. Come join us for food, music, and holiday cheer. Hope to see you there!
Volleyball Open Gym on Sunday, Dec 17 has been cancelled.
The Freshman-Sophomore Winter Dance will take place on Saturday, Jan. 20 in Shamrock Hall from 9 p.m. to midnight. Tickets are $20 per couple and will go on sale when we return from Christmas Break. It’s the perfect time of year to find a date as girls’ hearts are filled with goodwill to men.
The Barbell Club trains Mondays and Tuesdays at 4:15 and Fridays at 2:20 p.m. See Coach Snyder in the weight room of the Marshall Center.
The 2018 Open Division Intramural Basketball League will begin after Christmas break. There is a mandatory important meeting for all junior/senior team captains today. The meeting is in Shamrock Hall, R-162 starting at 3 p.m. sharp. League specifics will be discussed as well as team colors will be chosen. See Mr. Bryant or Mr. Chancellor if you have any questions concerning intramural basketball.
Attention all students interested in starting the Christmas holidays off the right way: The Green Cross Service Club is looking for volunteers to help set up the Wayside Christian Mission Christmas store on Saturday, Dec. 16 from noon until 5 p.m. Transport will be provided from Trinity. Please see Mr. Budniak for a permission form and additional information!
Trinity’s Bowling Rocks took 5th place at the Holiday Classic at Western Bowl Strike and Spare in Cincinnati this past Sunday. 32 teams from Ohio, Tennessee, KY and Indiana competed. Congrats to Senior Ian Karman on a 3rd place finish and All-Tournament Team finish. Shoot 200 today Will Epperson 210, 232, AJ Hawes 245, Brent Padgett 207, 200 Ian Karman 213, 256, 247!!!
Attention all athletes interested in distance running for the track team…this would be the 800, mile, or 2mile races. We will be starting practice next Monday. The track team is looking to improve on its state-runner-up finish from last year. Maybe YOU are the athlete that will get us there. Please see Coach Holzknecht in S153 ASAP if you are interested in joining distance track. Announcements for sprints, jumps, and throws will be forthcoming…keep your ears open!