Attention All Beta Club Members: Members are needed to work the first Parent Teacher Conferences on Tuesday, October 10 from 2:30-7:30 p.m. Please see Mr. Becker or Mr. Aberli if you are interested in working. Spots are limited!
Hello Trinity Students! Are you interested in having fun while learning more about the Caribbean culture, food, music, people and lifestyle? Would you like to interact with fellow students from the Caribbean countries? If so, come to the Science lab beside F139 and join Mr. Serrano and Mr. Francis on Wednesday, October 4 at 3 p.m. There will be snacks and refreshments.
The Governor’s Scholar program will have a meeting on Wednesday, October 4 at 7 p.m. in Convocation Hall for anyone interested in the Governor’s Scholar Program, Governor’s School for the Arts and Governor’s School for Entrepreneurs. The application process and timelines will be discussed. Students and parents are encouraged to attend. For more information contact Mr. Diehl at 736-2196 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fall Red Cross Blood Drive will be at Trinity on November 16. Mark your calendars now and listen for more information on signing up to donate blood in the coming weeks.
Two new bike racks have been installed in the Douglas E. Brown Courtyard, between Floersh and Shamrock Halls.
Ever wanted to step back in time? Have an entire day to play in a medieval village? See all kinds of shows, music and eat yourself stupid? Then the Ohio Renaissance Festival trip is just what you need! The bus is filling up fast, so you need to see Mr. Budniak in F136 ASAP to get a permission and information form! Do this today!!
National History Day. Create an original history exhibit and compete at the local, state and national levels! See Mr. Napper (F334) for information.
Educational Resources PSAT Test Preparation begins this Thursday, September 28, October 2, 5 and 9 during Advising. Registration forms available in Academic Services.
If you are interested in Trinity’s cultural exchange program with Argentina, please see Mr. Serrano in F241.
Junior Retreats have started! Not sure when you go? Check the rosters posted outside Campus Ministry offices and in your theology classrooms. On your retreat day, report to the cafeteria instead of first block. You can dress down in jeans, a collared shirt or Trinity t-shirt, and sneakers. You’ll be off campus all day and lunch is included.
- Tuesday, October 3 Black – Callery
- Tuesday, October 17 Carper – Cox
- Tuesday, October 24 Crenshaw – Freibert
- Tuesday, October 31 Gadd – Grimm
- Wednesday, November 1 Gruneisen – Hughes
- Tuesday, November 28 Hurst – Kulmer
The following college will visit Trinity during second and third lunches this week:
- Thursday, September 28: Dartmouth
Applications for the Horatio Alger College Scholarships available. Scholarship amounts range from $6,000-$25,000. Contact Mr. Manning to see if you are eligible to apply. The deadline is Wednesday, October 25.
Students: Don’t forget to start your service hours. There are lots of great opportunities coming up in September and October, including helping with 5K runs and tutoring. For more information see the bulletin board outside of T215.
The House Paper Football contest began last week. Three participants per house may compete in the tournament. The tournament follows a blind-draw, single-elimination format. All games take place in Alumni Hall during Advising Period. The tournament will conclude by Thursday, September 28.
Pride Week Events.
- The Pep Club will sponsor many activities, like the Mystery Pride Person, hidden tiger tails, and more.
- The House System and the Pep Club will sponsor a Rock Pride Poster Contest. Advising Groups will make an original poster for the Trinity-St. X Football Game. These posters will be displayed in the 2nd Floor hallway of Old Trinity.
- The House System will sponsor four contests during Pride Week.
- This Wednesday, September 27 is the big day for contests. After school a cornhole tournament, a car decorating contest, and a burger cook-off. Even if you’re not participating, come by the patio area immediately after school for a free hamburger or hotdog, chips, and drinks.
- Students should see their House Director immediately if they are interested in participating in any of these contests.
- The House System will also sponsor two marquees.
- The marquees will be held on Wednesday and Thursday. The Wednesday marquee is the varsity soccer match versus St. X. This match will be held at Trinity. See Mr. Klein to sign in and earn your House a point. The Thursday marquee is the freshman football game versus St. X at St. X. The game begins at 5:30.
Trinity’s Environmental Club will meet today, Wednesday, September 27 after school in F140 with Mr. Dubay.
The Woodworking Club will meet today, Wednesday, September 27. We will be operating machines. To attend, Mr. Hull must have your parent signed permission slip.
There will be an organizational meeting for all students interested in joining a Computer Programming/Coding Club on Wednesday, September 27 after school in the Technology Center. If you are interested but cannot attend, see Mrs. Mason in T105.
Do you like helping people that you don’t even know? Do you have the real need to give back to others? Do you want to get started on your service hours before they are due? The Green Cross Service Club will have our first meeting in Mr. Budniak’s room F136 on Thursday, September 28 at 3 p.m. All interested students are welcome and encouraged to attend!
Attention ALL Language Club members on Wednesday, September 27, yearbook photos will be taken after school with dinner to follow at Tazikis Greek Restaurant. Bring $20. See Mr. Wilson in F237 for more info.
Come one, come all to the first Archery Club shoot of the year. Competition and fun for all. The shoot will be held at 3:15 on Wednesday, September 27 at Cherokee Park archery range. Shoot will end precisely at 4:15.
The Trinity Golf Rocks shot a school record 279 (9 under par) at the Regional Tournament held at Midland Trail Golf Course on Monday, Sept. 25. The Rocks were led by senior Frankie Morgan’s blistering 66 as they finished in a very close second. The top two teams in each Regional qualify for State. The Shamrock State qualifiers are Frankie Morgan, Riley Davidson, Evan Bone, Hudson Hummel and JM Butler.
Go Rocks. Take State.
Are you interested in trying out for the basketball team and not involved in any fall sports? If so, you are welcome to participate in Open Gym on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 3:15 to 4:15 p.m. in Steinhauser Gym until October 10. To participate you must be properly dressed in basketball attire and have indoor basketball shoes.