Trinity recently mailed a letter home concerning 2018-19 Registration. Below is a copy of the letter:
This mailing contains information necessary to complete your son’s registration and course selections for the 2018-19 school year. Included is a graduation checklist. Teachers will recommend core classes and may make suggestions for electives. It is the student’s responsibility to see that graduation requirements are being met. If he has questions about graduation requirements, he should see his counselor or academic dean.
Also included in this mailing is a listing of elective offerings. Please refer to the elective offerings sheet and the Trinity graduation requirements when making course decisions. The complete 2018-19 Course Catalogue can be found online on the school website, www.trinityrocks.com, under the Academics tab. Pay close attention to course requirements and prerequisites.
You and/or your son must go online to enter his course requests. Online course requests must be entered anytime between Jan. 27 and Feb. 14.
To complete the online course requests:
- Log on to the Trinity High School website at www.trinityrocks.com.
- Click on the Parent tab and a link to PowerSchool can be found in the Quick Links section to the right.
- Enter your username and password.
- On the Grades and Attendance page, click on the Class Registration icon.
- Read all directions carefully. Following the directions for each section, click on the Edit button and choose the course requests from the pop-up menus.
- Click Okay after each section.
- When finished selecting all classes, click Submit. If too few or too many courses were requested, you will be directed to repeat steps five and six. If correct, you will be taken to a Course Requests View Screen.
- You must complete your registration by submitting online your $75 registration fee.
- When submitting payment information click Submit one time only.
You can review your course requests anytime, by returning to the Class Registration icon and selecting the View Course Requests link.
If your son has transferred to Trinity, he may be taking some courses out of normal sequence. In these cases, it may be necessary for your son to complete his course requests with the appropriate dean of studies in Academic Services.
If you have questions regarding your son’s course selections or his placement, you may want to contact his current teacher through email or by phone. English teachers can generally recommend courses in English, fine arts, social studies and theology. Your son’s math teacher can recommend mathematics and science classes. Other resources available include your son’s counselor and the academic deans.
Changes to your son’s requests made after February 14 must be made through consultation with one of the academic deans. Mr. Jackson can be reached at (502) 736-2135 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Ms. Browning can be reached at (502) 736-8276 or email@example.com. Information for the 2018-19 school year and schedules will be mailed in mid-July.