An important moment in Trinity history: on Saturday, June 24, the Trinity Class of 1957 celebrated their 60th class reunion, the first ever 60-year gathering in Trinity history.
This group of esteemed alumni originally gathered in the fall of 1953 as a freshman class of 106 students taking a chance on a brand new school in St. Matthews, KY. These Trinity pioneers remember the days of Monsignor Steinhauser, Mr. Thomas Sheehan and just three homerooms. By the time the class had graduated, school enrollment had grown from 106 to 605 students. Among many “firsts,” the class is responsible for selecting the “Shamrock” to serve as the school emblem. The emblem was chosen because it is green and is a traditional symbol of the Blessed Trinity.
Trinity has grown and changed since day one when these men began their Trinity legacies, but their bond remains strong.
This class holds a significant place in our Trinity roots.
Congratulations, Class of 1957!