College Application Tips
Tips for Completing a College Application
- The procedures for applying for admission vary from one college to another, but the first step is to get an application form and instructions from the college or your counselor. Specialized programs fill quickly at some universities. (For example- engineering at Purdue) Be aware there are early application deadlines for these programs. It may also be necessary to apply early for housing.
- Be sure to follow all instructions on the application. Some applications are to be done in your own handwriting, some printed or typed. Remember, your application is usually a college’s first contact with you, so try to make a good impression. Make your application neat, mistake-free, and use black ink or type! You may also want to consider applying on line.
- Complete your part of the application and turn it into your counselor. Your counselor will complete the application and forward it to the university. Please allow a few days for the counselor to complete the application.
- Be sure you know the college’s test requirements. If you are not sure, ask your counselor. Some schools require that test scores be sent directly from the testing company to the college. If you do not remember where you had your scores sent, check your copies of the scores, or ask your counselor.
- Talk with your counselor about your plans, questions, etc. It is hard for your counselor to give you meaningful information or to write honest and helpful recommendations if he has not had a chance to get to know you.
- Procedures for applying for financial aid vary from one college to another, so check with your counselor. In all cases, to be considered for aid, you must apply for it!
- Counselors can be most helpful to you if you make an effort to keep them informed of your interests, needs, and plans. Whenever you have questions, ask.
- Remember to use the Trinity High School Code (CEEB)- 181-540.
For more information, contact the Counseling Office at (502) 895-9427
House Contests: Monday, Sept. 24: The House banner contest will begin at 3:30 p.m. Banners will be displayed from the classrooms around school and will be voted on by judges. The House burger cook-off competition will begin during Advising. The burgers and grills will...read more
Tickets for the 2018 Freshman Dance are now on sale at lunch or in Mr. Klein's room. The Freshman Dance will be held on Saturday, Oct. 6 at 9 p.m. in Shamrock Hall.read more
All sophomores will be attending your Sophomore Retreat next week with your House. - Aquinas and Becket on Monday, Sept. 17 - Dante and Flannan on Tuesday, Sept. 18 - Gonzaga and Merton on Wednesday, Sept. 19 - Romero and Patrick on Thursday, Sept. 20 - Seton and...read more