Trinity’s College Counselors guide students in the areas of college admissions, scholarships, technical schools, vocational training, and job opportunities. See your College Counselor early and often!
Seniors are allowed two excused college visit days during the school year. Be sure to pick up a form from the Student Affairs Office.
College Terms You Should Know
- Early Action: A non-binding decision plan where you receive an early response to your application.
- Early Decision: A binding decision plan. You may only apply to one institution under Early Decision. If you are accepted, you must withdraw all other applications and attend the Early Decision institution.
- May 1: The national college decision date. No institution (unless you’ve applied Early Decision) can require you to respond to their admission or scholarship offers prior to this date.
- Net Price Calculator: All university websites must have a Net Price Calculator available. It is a tool you can utilize to determine what your Net Price (e.g. the amount you’ll actually pay) will be after financial aid and scholarships.
- Holistic Review: A type of admissions review that universities will use that allows the readers to look at an entire applicant (e.g. test scores, GPA, course rigor, activities, essays, etc.) rather than only the test score or GPA.
- Test-Optional: Many institutions have moved to test optional admission, meaning they do not require the submission of standardized test scores.
- FAFSA: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
The $1000.00 Pureland Supply Scholarship is available to students who have been accepted to an accredited trade school, vocational college, technical school or community college for the study of trade, craft, or labor occupations. Recipients are chosen on their...read more
The ProjectorLamps.com $1,000.00 Scholarship is available to a student enrolled as a business major who may one day be an entrepreneur and start their own business. This is an annual scholarship that will be offered every year. Thanks to the vision of an entrepreneur,...read more
Blessings in a Backpack is a nonprofit organization that organizes individuals and communities to provide food on the weekends for elementary school children across America who might otherwise go hungry. They send bags of food home every weekend of the school year to...read more