Trinity Online Tour
Take a tour of Trinity High School’s campus. Learn more about our academic, spiritual and athletic facilities.
Here are just a few of the events that take place in Alumni Hall:
- Student dances and assemblies
- Alumni gatherings, such as reunions
- Trinity’s annual Hall of Fame Dinner
- The Senior Breakfast at the culmination of four years of hard work
The Lacrosse Rocks are four-time state champions, having won titles in 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007, and Trinity’s two-time state champion soccer team is one of the top programs in Kentucky.
The stadium was built in 2004-05 and includes the following features:
- New home and visitor stands, 100 percent handicap accessible, meeting all modern-day building code requirements
- Original surface replaced in 2013 with state-of-the-art turf
- New lights, scoreboard, sound system, increased number of restrooms, enlarged concession stand, more parking, entrances, sidewalks, fencing, landscaping
- State-of-the-art press box with two suites that can be rented, visitor-side press box
Call (502) 736-2124 for information on game times or tickets.
Communication Arts Center
Communication Arts Center
The spacious facility is devoted entirely to fine arts and houses the following Trinity activities:
- Home to Trinity’s newspaper journalism program which produces the ECHO newspaper
- Home to Trinity’s yearbook journalism program which produces the Shamrock yearbook
- Home to our fine arts program, with applications in the following areas of study:
- Drawing (ink, graphite, charcoal)
- Stained glass
- Home to Trinity’s vocal and instrumental music program, with classes available during the normal school day
- Home to the Trinity Archives
R. W. Marshall Sports Center
R.W. Marshall Sports Center
- At 26,000 total square feet, it is one of the largest such facilities in the U.S.
- Home to Trinity’s Sports Medicine Department
- Headquarters for Trinity Football
- Upstairs houses Trinity’s wrestling room
- More than 25 tons of weights!
- State-of-the-art ventilation system for maximum workout performance
- Staffed year-round by a fulltime strength & coaching coach
Old Trinity Hall
Old Trinity Hall
The oldest classroom building on Trinity’s campus, this facility’s historical roots date to 1882, when Holy Trinity Parish was first established and built on the site.
It later became the site of Holy Trinity Grade School and remained so until the school moved a short distance away in 1950. In 1953, Trinity High School opened the doors to a class of 106 freshmen and a total of four faculty members. The rest is, as they say, history.
- Home to Trinity’s Health & Physical Education Department
- 16,500 square feet
- Olympic-style Taraflex™ flooring
- Offices for volleyball, basketball, soccer and other sports
- Two classrooms and a conference room
- Indoor and outdoor concession areas
- Home to Trinity’s extensive intramural program
Originally dedicated in 1957, Floersh Hall is named for the Louisville Archbishop who first imagined and oversaw Trinity’s opening in 1953.
It was the first major building addition to Trinity’s campus. Today, it is the center structure within four main classroom buildings. Comprising three floors, the building is home to 20 modern classrooms and five of Trinity’s eight full-service science labs. It was completely renovated in the summer of 2001.
One of the city’s few free-standing high school auditoriums, the Trinity Auditorium is home to one of the region’s finest performing arts programs.
With annual fall dramatic plays, spring musical productions, concerts by our award-winning Trinity chorus and jazz band, as well as many other events, the circa-1980 structure has seen its share of moving performances. Call (502) 736-2177 for information about upcoming shows of all kinds.
This building, one of the oldest on campus, dates to 1927, and has served chiefly as a residence for all of its history.
It is named for Kentucky’s first Bishop, Benedict Flaget. Originally built as a home for the religious women who worked and taught at the former location of Holy Trinity Grade School, the front section was cloistered for many years. In 1953, following Holy Trinity’s move to nearby Cherrywood Lane, the house became simply “the Priest House.” Today, it still serves a residential purpose, and is home to the offices of the Trinity High School Foundation, Inc.
As the new fall semester opened in September of 1964, Trinity met the challenge of President Johnson’s “Great Society” with some growth of its own.
Sheehan Hall was originally built to house 12 new classrooms and a temporary cafeteria to meet the growing enrollment of the mid-1960s.
Eventually, the cafeteria was moved and the building increased Trinity’s classroom number from 35 to 53. Today there are more than 100 classrooms on Trinity’s college-like campus.