Sandy Newman Golf Scramble
The 2018 Trinity Alumni-Sandy Newman Memorial Golf Scramble was held Friday, June 22 at Persimmon Ridge.
Many thanks to Alumni Board of Directors members Dave Goheen ’90 and Scott Scinta ’77 for serving as scramble co-chairs. They were assisted by scramble committee members Rob Beaven ’91, Jack Hettinger ’63, Brad Savko ’05 and Alumni Relations & Communications Director Chris Toth ’06.
Special thanks go to Persimmon Ridge for hosting the scramble. Also, many thanks to our hole sponsors and door-prize donors. Our scramble would not be possible without your great generosity.
To the left the winning team of Alan Hennessey ’69, Steve Jecker ’70, Dick Jecker ’69 and Alex Lindle ’94.
Alan Hennessey ’69, Dick Jecker ’70, Steve Jecker ’69, Alex Lindle ’94
Each first-place team member received $100.
Lee Handel ’00, Kurt Hummel, Grant Hummel ’15, James Inman ’15
Each second-place team member received $50.
The winning team was presented the Joe Demling Memorial Cup, a silver cup that is permanently displayed at Trinity. Alongside the cup will be a plaque engraved with the names of the winners. The late Joe Demling ’68 and the late William “Sandy” Newman ’67 and their families were a driving force behind the scramble for decades. Both men have their names and efforts forever imprinted on the scramble. Additionally, prizes were awarded for various prize holes.
Trinity Alumni-Sandy Newman
The Trinity Alumni-Sandy Newman Golf Scramble is played each year in memory of William “Sandy” Newman ’67. Sandy participated in a number of activities during his four years as a Trinity student, including the National Honor Society, the Pep Club and the Soccer Club. He received a Shamrock Award for his academic achievements during his junior year.
As an alumnus, Sandy served on the Alumni Board of Directors for more than 10 years, and as treasurer for more than six of those years. He was extremely active in Alumni Association activities and instrumental in organizing the Alumni Golf Scramble until his untimely death in 1994. In 1995, Sandy was posthumously named the Honor Alumnus for his loyalty and dedication to Trinity. Sandy was best known for his unfailing desire to help with any Alumni Association activity that promoted Trinity. For Sandy, supporting Trinity was not any one effort; it comprised continuous efforts to promote Trinity each and every day.
Though Sandy is no longer with us, those members of the Trinity Family who knew and loved him will remember his spirit and love for Trinity High School.
Trinity Alumni-Sandy Newman Golf Scramble Sponsors
Listed below are the Trinity Alumni-Sandy Newman Golf Scramble sponsors and gift donors.
Please give them your patronage.
- Advanced Global Communications, Inc. – Tony Bergmann ’71 and Michael Ruplinger ’77
- Blincoe & Shutt Aesthetic Family Dentistry – Drs. Glenn Blincoe ’73 and David Shutt ’79
- Bodyworks – Dr. Mark Conliffe ’00
- Brownsboro Center Barber Shop – John and Corey ’10
- Floyd Construction Machinery Company (CMC) – Jason Faust ’90
- Drs. Kopp & Luckett Family Dentistry PLLC – Drs. Brian Kopp ’90 and Mitch Luckett ’90
- Epic Insurance Solutions – Alex Ubelhart ’05
- Evans Construction Co., Inc. – Catherine Edwards Fackler
- Commercial Roofing Co. LLC – Steve Fackler ’73
- First Capital Bank of Kentucky – Gammon Wood ’98
- Garrett-Stotz Company – Dave Goheen ’90
- High Field & Open MRI
- J&J Transportation, Inc. – Mark Plummer ’69
- Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance – Chris Mackey ’91
- Landscape Lighting Company, Inc. – Stan DeVore ’74
- Lifetime Wealth Strategies – Evan Thurmond ’95 Louis Hettinger ’59
- Merkley Kendrick Jewelers – Brian Merkley ’91
- The Myers-Heil Group –
- Merrill Lynch
- Mobil 1 Lube Express – Scott McClinton ’81
- Office Computing, Inc.
- Pacific Plumbing – Jack Graham ’99
- Pontrich Printing & Promotions, Inc. – Mark Pontrich ’90
- Redlee Construction & Development, Inc. – David ’86 and Matt ’87
- Elder Republic Bank – Brad Savko ’05
- R.L. Volz Landscaping & Nursery, LLC – Rudy Volz ’73
- Smashgraphix, Inc. – F. Scott Scinta ’77
- Tafel Motors Inc. – Brad Blackburn ’04
- Timothy R. Woock, DMD, Family Dentistry – Dr. Tim Woock ’69
- Trinity Office for School Advancement
- United Electric Co. – Jim Olliges ’73 and Dan Walsh ’72
- Wagner Electric Company, Inc. – Mike Wagner H’09
- Alpha Media Louisville Bearno’s Pizza (Westport Road location)
- Blown Away Salon Bravo!
- Cucina Italiana
- Café Lou Lou
- Cardinal Hall of Fame
- Café Forest Edge Winery
- Fuzzy Zoeller Golf Energy
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndam – Roger Fultz ’77
- Jet’s Pizza
- Karem’s Grill & Pub – Louie Karem ’83
- Louisville Bats Baseball
- McCalister’s Deli (Hurstbourne Lane location) – Mark Wagoner ’92
- Mellow Mushroom (St. Matthews)
- Michelle Heath Stylist at Jacquelyn’s Salon
- Rainbow Blossom Natural Food Markets – B.J. Ruckriegel ’95
- Saints Pizza & Skybar
- Skyline Chili (Dutchmans Lane location)
- Soupy’s Texas Roadhouse
- Tom+Chee (St. Matthews)
- Tonini Church Supply Co.
- Trinity High School Campus Store
- Valhalla Golf Club
- Yang Kee Noodle – Dan Huckstein ’87
The Trinity Alumni Business Circle will kick off this calendar year’s meetings next Thursday, Feb. 21. We will gather at Gander, An American Grill (Chris Mike ’88) for a social networking hour. We hope to see you there! Where: Gander, An American Grill (Chris Mike...read more
Trinity High School, Kentucky’s 25-time football state champion, announces its 2019 varsity football schedule (The freshman and JV schedules will be announced later). The schedule will feature top-caliber competition from Kentucky, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. The...read more
Welcome to 2019! The Trinity Alumni Business Circle will kick off the new year’s meetings next Thursday, Jan. 17. Join us for lunch at Highland Tap Room (Tommy Clemons ’94) as we gather for usual business and hear from Trinity Head Baseball Coach Rick Arnold ’86....read more