Sandy Newman Golf Scramble
The 2019 Trinity Alumni-Sandy Newman Memorial Golf Scramble will be held Friday, June 21 at The Polo Fields.
Join us for a day of fun and fellowship at our annual alumni golf scramble!
When: Friday, June 21. Lunch and registration begins at 11 a.m. with a shotgun start at 1 p.m.
Need to Know:
Teams will comprise of four players. One player per team must be a Trinity alumnus or member of the Trinity Family (parent of current student, parent of alumnus, faculty/staff or board member)
The scramble is limited to 36 four-person teams
Discount for young alumni (classes of 2008-18)
Box lunch provided by The Polo Fields and buffet dinner provided by David Beatty ’05 and Mike Nusbaum ’08 (United Catering)
A buffet dinner, the presentation of the Joe Demling Memorial Cup to the winning team and door prizes for all will follow the scramble
Mulligan packages available (limit four per foursome, purchase below when registering)
Cash prizes to the first- and second-place teams
Each golfer will receive a custom hat and golf towel
Cost: $95 per player ($80 for young alumni in the classes of 2008-18) *When registering a young alumnus, use codes YA1, YA2, YA3 and/or YA4 in the young alum discount code box in the registration, based on number of young alumni in your foursome*
Reservations due by May 17. Each team must designate a captain and provide his contact information. All team members must also be listed and full payment is due at the time of registration.
*When registering a young alumnus, use codes YA1, YA2, YA3 and/or YA4 in the young alum discount code box in the registration, based on number of young alumni in your foursome*
Interested in being a hole sponsor?! This tax-deductible sponsorship of $135 includes a hole sign and recognition in Trinity’s newsmagazine, The Leader, which is sent quarterly to more than 24,000 homes. We also welcome gift certificate donations which are used in our door prizes.
Proceeds from the scramble are split among two need-based scholarships at Trinity, the William “Sandy” Newman ’67 and Joe Demling ’68 Memorial Scholarships. We sincerely appreciate your support in keeping the mission of our school alive as you share your blessings.
Please contact Chris Toth ’06 at email@example.com or 502-736-2122 with any questions regarding the scramble or sponsorships.
Congratulations to our 2018 winners!
Many thanks to our committee members of Rob Beaven ’91, Dave Goheen ’90 and Scott Scinta ’77 for serving as scramble co-chairs.
To the left the winning team of Alan Hennessey ’69, Steve Jecker ’70, Dick Jecker ’69 and Alex Lindle ’94.
Alan Hennessey ’69, Dick Jecker ’70, Steve Jecker ’69, Alex Lindle ’94
Each first-place team member received $100.
Lee Handel ’00, Kurt Hummel, Grant Hummel ’15, James Inman ’15
Each second-place team member received $50.
The winning team was presented the Joe Demling Memorial Cup, a silver cup that is permanently displayed at Trinity. Alongside the cup will be a plaque engraved with the names of the winners. The late Joe Demling ’68 and the late William “Sandy” Newman ’67 and their families were a driving force behind the scramble for decades. Both men have their names and efforts forever imprinted on the scramble. Additionally, prizes were awarded for various prize holes.
Trinity Alumni-Sandy Newman
The Trinity Alumni-Sandy Newman Golf Scramble is played each year in memory of William “Sandy” Newman ’67. Sandy participated in a number of activities during his four years as a Trinity student, including the National Honor Society, the Pep Club and the Soccer Club. He received a Shamrock Award for his academic achievements during his junior year.
As an alumnus, Sandy served on the Alumni Board of Directors for more than 10 years, and as treasurer for more than six of those years. He was extremely active in Alumni Association activities and instrumental in organizing the Alumni Golf Scramble until his untimely death in 1994. In 1995, Sandy was posthumously named the Honor Alumnus for his loyalty and dedication to Trinity. Sandy was best known for his unfailing desire to help with any Alumni Association activity that promoted Trinity. For Sandy, supporting Trinity was not any one effort; it comprised continuous efforts to promote Trinity each and every day.
Though Sandy is no longer with us, those members of the Trinity Family who knew and loved him will remember his spirit and love for Trinity High School.
Trinity Alumni-Sandy Newman Golf Scramble Sponsors
Listed below are the Trinity Alumni-Sandy Newman Golf Scramble sponsors and gift donors.
Please give them your patronage.
- Advanced Global Communications, Inc. – Tony Bergmann ’71 and Michael Ruplinger ’77
- Blincoe & Shutt Aesthetic Family Dentistry – Drs. Glenn Blincoe ’73 and David Shutt ’79
- Bodyworks – Dr. Mark Conliffe ’00
- Brownsboro Center Barber Shop – John and Corey ’10
- Floyd Construction Machinery Company (CMC) – Jason Faust ’90
- Drs. Kopp & Luckett Family Dentistry PLLC – Drs. Brian Kopp ’90 and Mitch Luckett ’90
- Epic Insurance Solutions – Alex Ubelhart ’05
- Evans Construction Co., Inc. – Catherine Edwards Fackler
- Commercial Roofing Co. LLC – Steve Fackler ’73
- First Capital Bank of Kentucky – Gammon Wood ’98
- Garrett-Stotz Company – Dave Goheen ’90
- High Field & Open MRI
- J&J Transportation, Inc. – Mark Plummer ’69
- Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance – Chris Mackey ’91
- Landscape Lighting Company, Inc. – Stan DeVore ’74
- Lifetime Wealth Strategies – Evan Thurmond ’95 Louis Hettinger ’59
- Merkley Kendrick Jewelers – Brian Merkley ’91
- The Myers-Heil Group –
- Merrill Lynch
- Mobil 1 Lube Express – Scott McClinton ’81
- Office Computing, Inc.
- Pacific Plumbing – Jack Graham ’99
- Pontrich Printing & Promotions, Inc. – Mark Pontrich ’90
- Redlee Construction & Development, Inc. – David ’86 and Matt ’87
- Elder Republic Bank – Brad Savko ’05
- R.L. Volz Landscaping & Nursery, LLC – Rudy Volz ’73
- Smashgraphix, Inc. – F. Scott Scinta ’77
- Tafel Motors Inc. – Brad Blackburn ’04
- Timothy R. Woock, DMD, Family Dentistry – Dr. Tim Woock ’69
- Trinity Office for School Advancement
- United Electric Co. – Jim Olliges ’73 and Dan Walsh ’72
- Wagner Electric Company, Inc. – Mike Wagner H’09
- Alpha Media Louisville Bearno’s Pizza (Westport Road location)
- Blown Away Salon Bravo!
- Cucina Italiana
- Café Lou Lou
- Cardinal Hall of Fame
- Café Forest Edge Winery
- Fuzzy Zoeller Golf Energy
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndam – Roger Fultz ’77
- Jet’s Pizza
- Karem’s Grill & Pub – Louie Karem ’83
- Louisville Bats Baseball
- McCalister’s Deli (Hurstbourne Lane location) – Mark Wagoner ’92
- Mellow Mushroom (St. Matthews)
- Michelle Heath Stylist at Jacquelyn’s Salon
- Rainbow Blossom Natural Food Markets – B.J. Ruckriegel ’95
- Saints Pizza & Skybar
- Skyline Chili (Dutchmans Lane location)
- Soupy’s Texas Roadhouse
- Tom+Chee (St. Matthews)
- Tonini Church Supply Co.
- Trinity High School Campus Store
- Valhalla Golf Club
- Yang Kee Noodle – Dan Huckstein ’87
Jack Kitchin, Trinity Class of 2016, has been granted an internship in Senator Mitch McConnell's office starting May 13 in Washington D.C. Jack is currently a junior at the University of Alabama, majoring in History and Political Science. At Alabama, Jack is President...read more
Want to get a behind-the-scenes look at Trinity’s new baseball stadium? Join us for our quarterly alumni Lunch and Learn on Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at 11:30 am. We will meet in the St. Matthews Community Center, enjoy some ballpark-favorite foods and hear from Trinity...read more
On Thursday, March 14, the Trinity Family will gather for an all-school Mass with the Archbishop of Louisville, Joseph E. Kurtz H’15. Join us as we pause during the normal buzy-ness of the year to celebrate Mass with the Archbishop. Parents and friends are cordially...read more