Trinity is a Catholic, college preparatory high school, forming men of faith and men of character. It is something Trinity has been doing ever since her doors opened in 1953.
Sports Ministry at Trinity focuses on using athletics to foster Catholic beliefs and values. We partner with SportsLeader. SportsLeader encourages our student-athletes, and all of our students, to lead a faith-based life and reinforces our mission statement.
SportsLeader is a virtue-based mentoring and motivation program for coaches of all ages, youth through professional.
- It is for boys, girls, young men and young women.
- It is for schools and teams, whether public or private, who are interested in a structured, intentional and specific method and curriculum to help teach virtue.
There are 4 key components to SportsLeader:
- Mentoring – in some fashion, our coaches are implementing one-on-one mentoring.
- Virtue of the Week – inspirational prayers, stories, coaching tips built around specific virtues. Emails are sent each Sunday to coaches to implement these virtues in their coaching and mentoring time.
- Ceremonies – that nurture the athlete’s relationship with family and God – such as celebrating Father/Athlete “Jersey” ceremonies and special ceremonies for Moms
- Catholic Identity – sports teams witness our identity as a Catholic School when they compete, when they celebrate Team Masses, when they participate in Rosary Rallies. Our teams attend daily mass in Trinity’s chapel.
Why is Sports Ministry so important here at Trinity?
“A Sports Ministry program can do so much to integrate the lives of athletes, helping them to see how a world that is serious about healing and wholeness can use athletics in those efforts.”
“Sports Ministry provides students with constant reminders of how and why to do the right thing, even when no one is around. If our student-athletes learn this discipline, the sky is the limit for who they can become.”
“The spirit, the determination, the fortitude, the discipline and sacrifice it takes to be an athlete mirrors many of the same virtues needed in our walk of faith. St. Paul pointed this out over 2,000 years ago. Sports Ministry is part of everything we do at Trinity and is a wonderful way to praise God, learn values and practice virtues leading us to the kingdom of God. Sports are a great way to teach these lessons and Sports Ministry helps focus on those lessons.”
For additional information contact:
The Rocks Recap FOLLOW US! For all things Trinity High School, join us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. For all things Trinity Athletics, follow along at Trinity's official sports Twitter account, Trinity Athletics. To check out more GreaT photos of our Trinity...
Beginning with the 2019-20 school year, due primarily to concerns with player safety, Trinity has transitioned from having a single school rugby team to supporting a community-based rugby team. Community- based teams make up the majority of programs that involve high...
Please note the following time/location changes for the Trinity varsity football schedule. The Sept. 20 varsity game at Male has been changed to a 7 pm kick off (originally was a 7:30 pm kick off). The Oct. 11 varsity game vs Ballard will be played at Trinity....