Beginning after school today, Friday, March 13, Trinity Athletics begins a 3 week hiatus.
The Archdiocese of Louisville has announced Catholic schools will be closed March 16 through April 3. This includes Trinity.
(On line learning for Trinity students will be in place). The Governor is asking for schools all across Kentucky to close. JCPS will also be closed.
The idea behind such closures is to limit gatherings of people and hopefully slow the spread of the virus.
These are unprecedented times. Decisions are being made all over the USA and the world to cancel events, activities and public gatherings. We will do our part to support public health.
So, what does the 3 week hiatus referenced above mean for Trinity Athletics?
- Trinity sports facilities and spaces will be closed during this time frame. Our Operations crew will use the opportunity for cleaning and disinfecting.
- No gatherings of Trinity student-athletes, teams and coaches. This includes off campus gatherings.
- No practices, no work outs, no lifting.
- No games, no contests, no matches.
- No banquets, no team meetings.
Trinity school offices will remain open with skeleton crews working staggered shifts to avoid contact between people as much as possible. This includes the Athletics Office.
We will continue to monitor all sources of important information………………the Health Department, the Archdiocese, JCPS, the Mayor’s office, the Governor’s office, the KHSAA, etc.,.
We will keep you up to date and informed. Continue to follow your email frequently.
Please contact Trinity Director of Athletics, Rob Saxton H ’15 at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Thank you for your understanding.