Kentucky Driving School will be here on campus the week of June 20-24,
Mon-Fri 9-11 a.m. in G11 in Steinhauser Gym.
Call KY Driving School at 456-5266 to sign up and pay for the classes.
All students must have their permit to sign up for classes!
Option 1: Students will participate in 10 hours of classroom instruction. Also included will be 4 hours behind the wheel, 2-2 hour private sessions with pick up and drop off at Trinity. (Note: The driving lessons are scheduled throughout the session, depending on whether or not the student already has his/her permit.) This course normally meets the requirements made by insurance companies for an auto insurance reduction. Fee: $325.00
Option 2: Student will participate in 10 hours of classroom instruction. (No road instruction is included with this option) You will need to check with your insurance company to see if this course meets their requirements for an auto insurance reduction. Fee: $50.00
Attention all students interested in joining the Ecuador Galapagos Islands summer travel trip next June: there are still openings available and registration can still be completed before you leave for the summer! See Mr. Budniak or Sr. Cuenca and get in on the trip before it fills up!
Planet Fitness is giving free memberships to high school students for the summer. Registration starts for this on May 16.
The lost and found cabinet is overflowing with items. All items will be discarded at the end of the year, so please come and check to see if anything belongs to you.
Parking permits on sale now! Due to space restrictions, passes are only sold to juniors and seniors. Sophomores will be allowed if space permits! The passes will be sold online only again this year with more information to come.
Attention Current Juniors:
The Senior Flag Corps is a special group of seniors who represent the school by participating in the pre-game Flag Ceremony held at home Trinity Football games. The Flag Corps is dedicated to maintaining the dignity of these ceremonies, and they are widely appreciated by both home and visiting fans. Their work has been copied and used elsewhere in many high school stadiums.
As a member of the Senior Flag Corps, you will meet about a half an hour before home football games, lower the American flag, fold it, and take it to the home side of the stands. Then you return to the visitor’s side. Some honorees are announced, and members of the Trinity chorus start singing God Bless America. At this point you walk to the middle of the field and receive the flag from the honorees, and carry it to the flagpole, where you attach it and turn the crank to raise the flag when everyone sings the Star Spangled Banner. That’s it – then you can return to the student section and cheer for our football ROCKS!
This fall, there will be 5 home football games between September 2 and October 15. There may also be some playoff games in November.
If this sounds like something you would like to participate in (and add to your resume!) see Mrs. Mason in the Technology Center on the bottom floor of Trinity Hall. You can come during advising or after school or send her an email at email@example.com.
The Louisville Bar Association is accepting applications for the 2022 Summer Law Institute (SLI). The SLI is a 6-day program that will begin at 8:30 a.m. and conclude most days at 6 p.m. (see tentative agenda) and is only open to high school students. New for 2022, we will be partnering with the Kentucky Bar Association Young Lawyer Division “Why Choose Law” one-day program. Students accepted to SLI will automatically take part in the “Why Choose Law” program. If students are not accepted to SLI, they will still have an opportunity to participate in the KBA program.
- The Summer Law Institute is only open to high school students (9th-12th grade). Tuition is $200 (limited scholarships available).The KBA “Why Choose Law” program is open to high school and undergraduate students. There is no cost to attend.
- Attached is a copy of the application or it can be found online at www.loubar.org. Deadline for submitting applications is Monday, May 9, 2022. They can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Louisville Bar Association Attn: Marisa Motley, 600 W. Main St., Ste. 110, Louisville, KY 40202.
If you have any questions, please feel to contact at the above email or at (502) 583-5314, ext. 124.
Looking for a job? Contact Mrs. Durbin at email@example.com for more info
- Standard Country Club
- Freddy’s Custard and Steakburgers, Middletown location
- Work from home for Schulz Woodcrafts. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details
- Harvey Browne Presbyterian Church
- Cutco Cutlery
- Big Springs Country Club
- Spectra Imaging
- MICROBAC is looking to hire 1-3 full or part-time seasonal Laboratory Assistants for the summer.
- Story Point in Middletown is hiring servers for their senior living residence.
- Brownsboro Hardware & Paint is continually looking for part-time student sales associates to join our team.
- Home City Ice: see Ms. Durbin in academic services for more information.
- Aqua Tots Swim School
- Concessions Louisville is now HIRING Students to work the concession stands for Spring Baseball Season Park Locations include-St. Matthews, Lyndon, Middletown, and Jeffersontown and will begin in April. Must be available in evenings and some weekends. 4 hour shifts. All new hires will be guaranteed a summer job at local Pools. Text 502-509-8577 to request an Application and schedule an Interview.
- Holiday Manor Cleaners need after school help until 6pm Monday – Friday and Saturday we are open from 8-4pm so could get 4 hours that day. Must be at least 16 years old.
- Kicks Soccer Academy Director is sharing a soccer coaching job opportunity that could be of great interest to junior and senior students attending your schools. The coach will be working with K-5grades students at JCPS partner school locations from March through May, Monday/Fridays, from 3:45 pm to 5:15 pm with compensation starting at $15 per hour. If interested contact Mrs. Durbin in academic services for more information, or email
- Summer opportunity for students (or adults!) to work at the only state park in Louisville. We will be hiring lifeguards, recreation aides, ticket booth, and maintenance positions for this year. This is a fun opportunity for students to get work experience, especially if they are on a swim team or enjoy water. Anyone interested can email email@example.com or call my office at 502-429-7270 about how to apply or with any questions about the jobs.
- Danny Roth Lawn Care Service
The Saints Peter and Paul Society is a club that promotes Catholic life at Trinity. Students work with teachers to help provide opportunities to grow in faith as a community. Sound like something you are called to participate in? See Mr. Schum in F245 to signup and while supplies last, he will give you a t-shirt.
Ascension grade school is providing their students with a day to learn about topics they have not had a chance to study. They have asked us to come make a presentation and let the students try out Robotics, using the Lego Mindstorms EV3 Robots. This would be on May 25 after your 2nd exam, and last about 45 minutes. You will receive community service time for helping with this. Email or See Mrs. Mason in the Technology Center for more information or to let her know you are interested in helping!
Golfers! : 2022 TRYOUT DATES, TIMES & LOCATIONS
DATE TIME LOCATION
FRI. JULY 15 12:00 PM LONG RUN
MON. JULY 18 12:00 PM LONG RUN
TUESDAY. JULY 19 12:00 PM LONG RUN
*TEE TIMES WILL BE DISTRIBUTED VIA EMAIL PRIOR TO TRYOUTS*
HEAD COACH JAMES CHANEY
***REMEMBER – YOU MUST HAVE STUDENT PHYSICAL PAPERWORK TURNED IN TO THE ATHLETIC OFFICE PRIOR TO JULY 15TH. ALL OTHER PAPERWORK CAN BE TURNED IN ON POWERSCHOOL. NO EXCEPTIONS. STUDENTS WON’T BE PERMITTED TO TRYOUT UNTIL COMPLETED***
- Saturday with a win, Region Semis vs winner Ballard/Male at UL 5:30 pm
- Sunday with a win, Region Final vs winner CAL, Manual, St. X at UL 8 pm