Senior Exam Schedule for Class of 2019
|3 Green||Monday, May13||10:40-12:00
|4 Green||Monday, May 13||12:35 – 1:50|
|3 White||Tuesday, May 14||10:40 – 12:00
|4 White||Tuesday, May 14||12:35 – 1:50|
|1 Green||Wednesday, May 15||9:00 – 10:15|
|2 Green||Wednesday, May 15||10:20 – 11:35|
|1 White||Thursday, May 16||8:00 – 9:15|
|2 White||Thursday, May 16||9:20 – 10:35|
|Graduation Practice||Thursday, May 16
|10:45 – 12:15
Mandatory for all seniors!
- Seniors are expected to be in dress code for exams and graduation practice, even if they have no exam that day (the tie can be removed during practice).
- Please note that seniors sitting for two consecutive exams may NOT leave campus for any reason between exams. Seniors sitting for a 3rd and a 4th period exam should eat lunch in the cafeteria and may not leave campus.
- Seniors who purchased books through Trinity High School may sell them back May 14 – May 17. Books must be returned in complete sets.
- Seniors with a 90 percent or better for each quarter in the second semester course will be exempt from the exam. For exempt students, second semester exam grades will become the average of the 3rd and 4th quarter grades.
- SENIORS MUST REMAIN IN THE TESTING ROOM FOR THE ENTIRE 75 MINUTE PERIOD and must leave campus after completing their exams.
- Seniors will pick up their graduation tuxes at Sam Meyers at the Mall St. Matthews after 3 p.m. on Thursday, May 16, or after 10 a.m. on Friday, May 17.
- See bullet one above. Graduation practice is Thursday at 10:45 and is mandatory for ALL seniors.
Seniors—your senior class mass—Baccalaureate—will be here on campus the night before graduation. That’s Saturday, May 18, at 5 p.m., in Steinhauser Gym. This will be your last time on campus together as a class, and it is the culmination of your 4 years here together, so plan on being there. Details will be announced during your graduation practice next week.
Juniors – be sure you turn in your senior retreat preference form to your Theology teacher or Mrs. Emrich in T212 this week. You will not be scheduled on a senior retreat next year if you don’t.
2019 Final Exam Schedule for Underclassmen
|White 3rd period||Monday, May 20||9-10:15|
|White 4th period||Monday, May 20||10:25-11:40|
|Green 3rd period||Tuesday, May 21||9-10:15|
|Green 4th period||Tuesday, May 21||10:25-11:40|
|Study Day||Wednesday May 22||9 – Noon|
|White 1st period||Thursday, May 23||9-10:15|
|White 2nd period||Thursday, May 23||10:25-11:40|
|Green 1st period||Friday, May 24||9-10:15|
|Green 2nd period||Friday, May 24||10:25-11:40|
|Book Return||Friday, May 24||11:45-12:30|
- Students sitting for an exam MUST remain in their classroom for the entire 75 minute exam period.
- The only exam exemptions are for Enrichment classes and for AP Students who have maintained a 90% or better for the third and fourth quarters this year and took the AP exam in that subject.
- Students not having a first exam for the day may report to the cafeteria. Students MAY NOT be in the halls during exams. Library Media Center will be open on exam days from 8:30 – noon.
- Teachers will be available 9:00 – Noon on Wednesday to assist students, proctor make-up exams and other absent work. The Library Media and Technology Center will both be available for students 9:00 – noon. Wednesday only is a casual dress day.
- When a student is dismissed from his last exam for the day, he must either report to Alumni Hall or leave campus. Students may not remain in the hallways. Cafeteria will be open until 1:30 pm on exam days and snacks will be available for purchase.
- Students will report to classrooms designated by English classes for Book Return.
- Breakfast only will be available in the cafeteria Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
- All students, even those without an exam, must report to their assigned room for Book Returns.
BE PREPARED…EXAMS ARE 20 PERCENT OF YOUR SEMESTER GRADE!
Come to the Book Fair in the library May 13-17, Monday – Thursday until 4 p.m. and Friday until 2 p.m. to purchase your summer reading books!
Crescent Hill is looking for students to work trash duty at the 4th of July Festival. Contact Melissa 502-262-5284 Crescent Hill festival volunteer chair. Pays $11.50 per hour.
Seniors—Trinity will participate in the Newman Connection, Newman Connection, which connects Catholic high school seniors to Catholic campus ministry programs at colleges and universities nationwide. We provide the names of our graduates and the colleges they will attend, and Newman Connection sends that to Catholic Campus Ministry programs at the colleges. Then those campus ministry programs can reach out in welcome and support as you begin your college career. ONLY your name and college choice is provided. No action must be taken UNLESS you want to opt out – you must notify Mrs. Emrich at email@example.com or see Mrs. Durbin in Academic Services by FRIDAY.
Congratulations to next year’s NHS officers:
President Preston Romanov
Vice President Nick Huls
Secretary Colin Grimm
Parliamentarian John Fernandez
Historian Michael Chou
The Student Affairs office will start selling parking permits for the 2019-20 school year at the low, low cost of $25 today. May 6-10 will be sales to class of 2020 members only! Starting May 13 members of the class of 2021 with at least a restricted license can purchase one as well.
Students should report to the library at the time designated below.
7:15 am 12:15 pm
Today English Literature European History
Friday May 10 US History Computer Science Principles
7:15 am 12:15 pm
Monday May 13 Biology Physics C
Tuesday May 14 Calculus Human Geography
Wednesday May 15 English Language Macroeconomics
Thursday May 16 World History Statistics
Friday May 17 Microeconomics
JUNIORS: The Junior Class Mass is tonight at 7pm in Steinhauser Gym. Trinity will recognize and celebrate the Class of 2020’s transition to senior year with the annual Mass followed by a reception in Alumni Hall cafeteria. All juniors and their parents are invited and expected to attend. Other family members are also welcome to come. This mass will include the inauguration of newly-elected class officers, recognition of House Captains, and serves as a formal rite of passage into the senior year. Juniors should wear a sport coat and tie and will sit together as a class on the gym floor. Parents and family members will sit in the stands or in (limited*) seating on the floor. We’re encouraged by the Class of 2020’s enthusiasm and their potential for creative and responsible leadership. Please mark your calendar and plan to attend this very special event with your son. This is not just for students who are Catholic or who are getting a senior ring. Juniors—please plan to participate in this event as a class. It is the first step in your role as leaders of the Trinity community.
The Junior Formal will take place on Saturday at the Kentucky Exposition Center from 9 PM to midnight. Tickets for the Junior Formal will go on sale next Monday, April 29. Tickets are $40 per couple and can be purchased from Mrs. Carrico in Academic Service during lunch or after school. Also, our friends on Poplar Level Road are having a dance that same night, so ask that girl you’ve been meaning to ask, soon! Juniors, this is your dance! Make it a great one and that begins with you being there.
Attention students: if you park at Trinity and do not have a Trinity parking pass, you will receive jugs beginning this week. The same consequence will occur for those who chose to not park in designated parking spots. To sum up, if you are parking at Trinity, park in a designated spot and with a parking pass. See the friendly folks at Student Affairs if you have questions.
The owners of the parking lot behind Waylon’s and Drake’s will begin charging for parking as of May 1, 2019. The cost will be $30 a month. Those parking there without a permit will be towed. To apply for a permit and pay the monthly cost please call 502-719-9711 and speak to Mandy before May 1.
Seniors remember that you will lose access to your Office 365 account once you graduate. If you have files in your OneDrive that you need to keep, please back them up somewhere else. If you have signed up for anything using your Trinity email account and plan on using it after graduation, be sure to update your contact information with a non-Trinity email address. All access to Office 365, including your OneDrive and email, will be disabled immediately following senior exams.
Dante, Romero and Toussaint Houses all had 20 or more student volunteers during Phonathon. These Houses will receive a casual dress day tomorrow.
The Investment Club’s final meeting of this year will be today after school in S252. The meeting will last about 30 minutes. Please contact coach Schroeder with questions.
The 16th, and the last, ACE mentoring class will be held today in Mr. CM’s room, F134, immediately after school, from 3 to 5 p.m. Attendance is Mandatory as we practice our presentation for the ACE Gala. The Gala is on May 9, at the University of Louisville club, from 6 pm to 8 pm.
If you are interested in being a part of Trinity’s Robotics Club join us at our next Robotics Club meeting. We meet every Monday after school in the Technology Center on the bottom of Old Trinity Hall. New members are always welcome. In addition to building and competing with the VEX robotics equipment, we also work with LEGO EV3s and participate in a competition for those. If you don’t want to compete, and just want to come find out what robotics is all about, and play with the LEGO – that’s okay too.
Attention any current Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors: Applications for new membership into the Beta Club can be picked up in Mr. Becker’s room (F234) or Mr. Aberli’s room. This is for any current freshmen, sophomore and junior who is NOT already a member of Beta Club and is in good academic standing. Applications are due FRIDAY.
Thursday NASP Nationals Louisville All Day
Thursday Freshman vs Floyd Central at Trinity 5:30 pm
Friday Varsity vs Avon (IN) at Trinity 7 pm Stadium Dedication
Friday JV/F at CAL 5 pm/7 pm
Saturday JV (DH) at Lexington Catholic 11 am/1 pm
Saturday Varsity vs Shelby County at Trinity 10 am
Thursday District Championship (vs winner Ballard/Manual) at Ballard 6 pm
Saturday at Noblesville (IN) 1 pm
Wednesday Varsity vs Ballard at Tom Sawyer Park 4 pm
Friday Varsity at St X 4 pm
Saturday Varsity at Cincinnati LaSalle 10:30 am