The KHSAA Swim and Dive season ended this past weekend. Trinity earned a 4th place finish at the state swim meet for a 2nd consecutive year.
The conclusion of the season provides the opportunity to congratulate and recognize Trinity senior student-athlete Hunter Tapp. Hunter will graduate Trinity’s Class of 2019 with the following on his resume:
- Holy Trinity grade school graduate
- Future student-athlete at North Carolina State University
- Honor Roll student in AP classes
- 5 time KHSAA individual state champion
- 8 time individual region champion
- State record holder in the 50 freestyle
- State record holder in the 100 freestyle (having recorded the fastest time in the USA for a 17 year old)
- Member of three school record setting relay teams
- Named Most Outstanding Region Competitor in 2018 and 2019
- Named KHSAA Most Outstanding State Meet Competitor in 2019
- Named Most Outstanding Shamrock Swimmer each of his four years at Trinity
Rock Nation thanks Hunter and wishes him the very best next year at North Carolina State University. He leaves behind a Trinity swimming legacy.