As Trinity’s Classroom Modernization Project continues this summer, installing high-definition projectors, 100″ display boards, and a wireless collaboration device in EVERY CLASSROOM, helping students easily and effectively collaborate with their peers and teachers, and international study abroad opportunities allow our students to learn and to serve in countries like Kenya, Costa Rica and Argentina, there is also a period of “down time” with our Trinity Athletics in which we maintain, renovate, or freshen up our facilities.
Every summer, the KHSAA mandates a period of time, typically at the end of June/beginning of July, in which high school coaches can have zero contact with its student-athletes, and student-athletes can have zero contact with their high school coaches. This stretch is referred to as the “KHSAA Dead Period.” At Trinity, as our coaches and student-athletes enjoy this well-deserved break from high school sports, we take this opportunity to re-energize and reinvigorate our campus and our athletic facilities!
Trinity’s Director of Athletics, Mr. Rob Saxton, said the following about the projects.
Each summer, the Trinity Athletics Department works with the Trinity Operations Department to coordinate annual cleaning, painting and maintenance tasks as needed. In addition, Trinity Athletics partners with a number of outside contractors to care for spaces such as Steinhauser Gym, Marshall Stadium, the Marshall Center and Trinity Stadium. Much of this work is conducted during the KHSAA Dead Period when Shamrock coaches and student-athletes are away from campus. It’s great to see the reactions of our coaches and student-athletes when they return to these facilities after Dead Period!
Below is a listing of some of the work to be performed this summer related to Trinity Athletics:
- Replacement of the commercial washer and dryer in the Marshall Center
- Clean and seal of the hardwood floor, Dennis Lampley Court, in Steinhauser Gym
- GMAX (compression) testing and turf care/maintenance of the Marshall Stadium artificial playing surface
- Cleaning and painting of coaches offices, locker rooms and the weight room inside the Marshall Center
- Replacement of a wrestling mat in the Marshall Center Trinity Wrestling room
- Carpet tiles to cover the concrete floor in the new Trinity Stadium clubhouse