Virtual College Visits
- Oct. 20: Franklin College (3-3:30pm)
- Oct. 21: Cedarville University (3-3:30pm)
- Oct. 22: Bellarmine University (8:10-8:40am)
- Oct. 22: University of Kentucky ENGINEERING VISIT (7-8pm)
- Oct. 23: Rhodes College (12:15-12:35pm)
- Oct. 26: Ohio University (3-3:30pm)
- Oct. 28: Campbellsville University (10-10:30am)
- Oct. 28: Louisiana State University (1-1:30pm)
- Oct. 28: Butler University (3-3:30pm)
- Nov. 3: Spalding University (3-3:30pm)
- Nov. 10: Salve Regina University (3-3:30pm)
- Nov. 18: University of Maine at Fort Kent (1-1:30pm)
Trinity’s College Counselors guide students in the areas of college admissions, scholarships, technical schools, vocational training, and job opportunities. See your College Counselor early and often!
Seniors are allowed two excused college visit days during the school year. Be sure to pick up a form from the Student Affairs Office.
College Terms You Should Know
- Early Action: A non-binding decision plan where you receive an early response to your application.
- Early Decision: A binding decision plan. You may only apply to one institution under Early Decision. If you are accepted, you must withdraw all other applications and attend the Early Decision institution.
- May 1: The national college decision date. No institution (unless you’ve applied Early Decision) can require you to respond to their admission or scholarship offers prior to this date.
- Net Price Calculator: All university websites must have a Net Price Calculator available. It is a tool you can utilize to determine what your Net Price (e.g. the amount you’ll actually pay) will be after financial aid and scholarships.
- Holistic Review: A type of admissions review that universities will use that allows the readers to look at an entire applicant (e.g. test scores, GPA, course rigor, activities, essays, etc.) rather than only the test score or GPA.
- Test-Optional: Many institutions have moved to test optional admission, meaning they do not require the submission of standardized test scores.
- FAFSA: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
Because Jefferson County infection rates are still above the rate where schools may consider going mask optional, masks will be required for Trinity High School next week, the week of Jan. 24. Stay safe, Trinity FAMILY!
$1 Dress Down Day to Benefit Beacon House: Thursday, January 27 will be a $1 Dress Down Day benefitting Beacon House. Beacon House is an addiction recovery center for men in Louisville. Students, faculty, and staff can dress down for a minimum of $1 but are strongly...
In the spring semester, Trinity’s college and career counselors shift their focus to underclassmen. Any freshman, sophomore, or junior who would like to begin their college search process may request a meeting with their college counselor. Mr. Matt Manning -...