Virtual College Visits
- Oct. 20: Franklin College (3-3:30pm)
- Oct. 21: Cedarville University (3-3:30pm)
- Oct. 22: Bellarmine University (8:10-8:40am)
- Oct. 22: University of Kentucky ENGINEERING VISIT (7-8pm)
- Oct. 23: Rhodes College (12:15-12:35pm)
- Oct. 26: Ohio University (3-3:30pm)
- Oct. 28: Campbellsville University (10-10:30am)
- Oct. 28: Louisiana State University (1-1:30pm)
- Oct. 28: Butler University (3-3:30pm)
- Nov. 3: Spalding University (3-3:30pm)
- Nov. 10: Salve Regina University (3-3:30pm)
- Nov. 18: University of Maine at Fort Kent (1-1:30pm)
Trinity’s College Counselors guide students in the areas of college admissions, scholarships, technical schools, vocational training, and job opportunities. See your College Counselor early and often!
Seniors are allowed two excused college visit days during the school year. Be sure to pick up a form from the Student Affairs Office.
College Terms You Should Know
- Early Action: A non-binding decision plan where you receive an early response to your application.
- Early Decision: A binding decision plan. You may only apply to one institution under Early Decision. If you are accepted, you must withdraw all other applications and attend the Early Decision institution.
- May 1: The national college decision date. No institution (unless you’ve applied Early Decision) can require you to respond to their admission or scholarship offers prior to this date.
- Net Price Calculator: All university websites must have a Net Price Calculator available. It is a tool you can utilize to determine what your Net Price (e.g. the amount you’ll actually pay) will be after financial aid and scholarships.
- Holistic Review: A type of admissions review that universities will use that allows the readers to look at an entire applicant (e.g. test scores, GPA, course rigor, activities, essays, etc.) rather than only the test score or GPA.
- Test-Optional: Many institutions have moved to test optional admission, meaning they do not require the submission of standardized test scores.
- FAFSA: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
Independence Bank is looking for students who need financial assistance to further their education. They award over $100,000 each year to high school seniors pursuing a college education with dreams of making a difference. With over $1 million in scholarships awarded...
As Semester One grades are finalized, you will discover that your son ended up doing better in some classes than others. In some classes, he may have excelled; in other classes, he may have not succeeded. If a failing grade was indeed the outcome of a class, this...
The Jamie Parsley Family Foundation Scholarship ($5,000) strives to provide educational opportunities to individuals in our community who hold themselves to high personal and academic standards and who have exhibited leadership qualities. Scholarships will be awarded...