Virtual College Visits
- Oct. 20: Franklin College (3-3:30pm)
- Oct. 21: Cedarville University (3-3:30pm)
- Oct. 22: Bellarmine University (8:10-8:40am)
- Oct. 22: University of Kentucky ENGINEERING VISIT (7-8pm)
- Oct. 23: Rhodes College (12:15-12:35pm)
- Oct. 26: Ohio University (3-3:30pm)
- Oct. 28: Campbellsville University (10-10:30am)
- Oct. 28: Louisiana State University (1-1:30pm)
- Oct. 28: Butler University (3-3:30pm)
- Nov. 3: Spalding University (3-3:30pm)
- Nov. 10: Salve Regina University (3-3:30pm)
- Nov. 18: University of Maine at Fort Kent (1-1:30pm)
Trinity’s College Counselors guide students in the areas of college admissions, scholarships, technical schools, vocational training, and job opportunities. See your College Counselor early and often!
Seniors are allowed two excused college visit days during the school year. Be sure to pick up a form from the Student Affairs Office.
College Terms You Should Know
- Early Action: A non-binding decision plan where you receive an early response to your application.
- Early Decision: A binding decision plan. You may only apply to one institution under Early Decision. If you are accepted, you must withdraw all other applications and attend the Early Decision institution.
- May 1: The national college decision date. No institution (unless you’ve applied Early Decision) can require you to respond to their admission or scholarship offers prior to this date.
- Net Price Calculator: All university websites must have a Net Price Calculator available. It is a tool you can utilize to determine what your Net Price (e.g. the amount you’ll actually pay) will be after financial aid and scholarships.
- Holistic Review: A type of admissions review that universities will use that allows the readers to look at an entire applicant (e.g. test scores, GPA, course rigor, activities, essays, etc.) rather than only the test score or GPA.
- Test-Optional: Many institutions have moved to test optional admission, meaning they do not require the submission of standardized test scores.
- FAFSA: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
Owen Neumayer, ECHO Editor in Chief Four short years at Trinity High School have come to mean so much more to me than I could have imagined. I knew these past four years would be important to my future and would make a lasting impact on my life, but sometimes life...
Alex Moore, ECHO Contributing Columnist The Trinity experience is like no other. Trinity has done so much for me, as well as prepare me for my future endeavors. The second I stepped foot on Trinity’s campus, I felt the brotherhood. It was the day we were assigned...
J.T. Evans, ECHO Contributing Columnist Our senior class is one like no other. We will forever be known as the “COVID” Class of 2021, who spent our entire last year dealing with a pandemic. We didn’t see our alphabetically opposite classmates for over a year,...