Trinity’s College Counselors guide students in the areas of college admissions, scholarships, technical schools, vocational training, and job opportunities. See your College Counselor early and often!
Seniors are allowed two excused college visit days during the school year. Be sure to pick up a form from the Student Affairs Office.
College Terms You Should Know
- Early Action: A non-binding decision plan where you receive an early response to your application.
- Early Decision: A binding decision plan. You may only apply to one institution under Early Decision. If you are accepted, you must withdraw all other applications and attend the Early Decision institution.
- May 1: The national college decision date. No institution (unless you’ve applied Early Decision) can require you to respond to their admission or scholarship offers prior to this date.
- Net Price Calculator: All university websites must have a Net Price Calculator available. It is a tool you can utilize to determine what your Net Price (e.g. the amount you’ll actually pay) will be after financial aid and scholarships.
- Holistic Review: A type of admissions review that universities will use that allows the readers to look at an entire applicant (e.g. test scores, GPA, course rigor, activities, essays, etc.) rather than only the test score or GPA.
- Test-Optional: Many institutions have moved to test optional admission, meaning they do not require the submission of standardized test scores.
- FAFSA: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
Attention all Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors enrolled in an AP class: If you want to take the AP test for your class to earn possible college credit, you must attend an important meeting on Tuesday, Jan. 29 during Advising. The meeting will take place in the Alumni...read more
Students must be pursuing a career in Law, Engineering, Teaching, Medicine, or Ministry, and must enroll at an accredited institution in Jefferson County, KY. In the past, the fund has awarded as many as 30 scholarships in amounts from $200 - $2,000. The deadline is...read more
Sparkling Ice ® is looking for fun and unique candidates for its Flavorful Futures Scholarship. Sparkling Ice® is awarding FIVE $5,000 scholarships to eligible high school seniors who are planning their bright and colorful futures. If this sounds like you, apply...read more