Trinity’s College Counselors guide students in the areas of college admissions, scholarships, technical schools, vocational training, and job opportunities. See your College Counselor early and often!
Seniors are allowed two excused college visit days during the school year. Be sure to pick up a form from the Student Affairs Office.
College Terms You Should Know
- Early Action: A non-binding decision plan where you receive an early response to your application.
- Early Decision: A binding decision plan. You may only apply to one institution under Early Decision. If you are accepted, you must withdraw all other applications and attend the Early Decision institution.
- May 1: The national college decision date. No institution (unless you’ve applied Early Decision) can require you to respond to their admission or scholarship offers prior to this date.
- Net Price Calculator: All university websites must have a Net Price Calculator available. It is a tool you can utilize to determine what your Net Price (e.g. the amount you’ll actually pay) will be after financial aid and scholarships.
- Holistic Review: A type of admissions review that universities will use that allows the readers to look at an entire applicant (e.g. test scores, GPA, course rigor, activities, essays, etc.) rather than only the test score or GPA.
- Test-Optional: Many institutions have moved to test optional admission, meaning they do not require the submission of standardized test scores.
- FAFSA: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
Thursday, May 2, will be our final $1 Casual Dress Day for the year. Proceeds will benefit the Kenyan Kids Foundation. Social studies teacher Chad Waggoner will be leading a group of students to Kenya this summer for a mission trip helping to put this money to good...read more
Are you an incoming UofL freshman male looking for a scholarship that recognizes your achievements inside and outside of the classroom? Do you believe in the importance of having a sound mind and sound body? SigEp is offering $3,000 in scholarships through our...read more
Three scholarships will be awarded: Kentucky Winner: $1,000 Indiana Winner: $1,000 Ohio Winner: $1,000 Deadline for Entry: August 1, 2019 – 11:59pm EST Scholarship Award Announcement by: August 31, 2019 Reason We Created Our Student Scholarship Program At the personal...read more