Trinity’s College Counselors guide students in the areas of college admissions, scholarships, technical schools, vocational training, and job opportunities. See your College Counselor early and often!
Seniors are allowed two excused college visit days during the school year. Be sure to pick up a form from the Student Affairs Office.
College Terms You Should Know
- Early Action: A non-binding decision plan where you receive an early response to your application.
- Early Decision: A binding decision plan. You may only apply to one institution under Early Decision. If you are accepted, you must withdraw all other applications and attend the Early Decision institution.
- May 1: The national college decision date. No institution (unless you’ve applied Early Decision) can require you to respond to their admission or scholarship offers prior to this date.
- Net Price Calculator: All university websites must have a Net Price Calculator available. It is a tool you can utilize to determine what your Net Price (e.g. the amount you’ll actually pay) will be after financial aid and scholarships.
- Holistic Review: A type of admissions review that universities will use that allows the readers to look at an entire applicant (e.g. test scores, GPA, course rigor, activities, essays, etc.) rather than only the test score or GPA.
- Test-Optional: Many institutions have moved to test optional admission, meaning they do not require the submission of standardized test scores.
- FAFSA: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
The National CCAA Scholarship The National CCAA (Catholic College Admission Association) annually offers the National CCAA Scholarship to college-bound high school seniors from various geographic regions attending one of the National CCAA member institutions in the...read more
Tuesday, Feb. 12 will be a casual dress day benefitting Community Clubhouse. Community Clubhouse serves residents in the Buechel neighborhood, providing tutoring, job assistance and emergency needs. Students can dress down for a $1 or more donation. Any checks should...read more
Registration for current students is open now until Thursday, Feb. 14. Students should be taking time to log into their PowerSchool accounts to request courses for next school year. This can initially be done in Advising, where there is help available from your...read more